– Nazywasz się Nevermore – mówię mu. – I zostajesz ze mną.
– Nevermore! – Kracze. Nigdy już!
– Nareszcie to powiedziałeś. – Przytakuję z satysfakcją.
– Your name is Nevermore. – I said to him. – And you stay with me.
– Nevermore! – He cawed. Never more!
– Finally you said that. – I nodd with satisfaction.
"Lord of the Ice Garden"
Jarosław Grzędowicz was born on May 3rd, 1965 in Wrocław, Poland. When he was 17 years old he debuted with short story “Azyl dla starych pilotów” published in “Odgłosy” magazine. Since then he wrote few other stories and participated in creating and promoting of Polish fantastic literature. His writing carier flourished in 2003 when his short stories collection titled “Księga jesiennych demonów” was published. Two years later the first volume of his monumental and brilliant novel “Pan Lodowego Ogrodu” reached daylight and was honoured with many prestigious prizes.
Jarosław Grzędowicz’s stories are pure pleasure to read not only for fantasy and science-fiction fans. His books are written in beautiful language and are full of unique and interesting alternative worlds, creative interpretation of myths and culture, exciting plot twists and last but not least fantastic sense of humor.
|Date of publish||Content||Original title||English translation|
|2003||Short stories||"Księga jesiennych demonów"||"The book of fall daemons"|
|2005||Novel||"Pan Lodowego ogrodu" tom 1||"The Lord of the Ice Garden" volume 1|
|2006||Novel||"Popiół i kurz. Opowieści ze świata pomiędzy"||"Ash and dust. The story from the in beetween world"|
|2007||Novel||"Pan Lodowego ogrodu" tom 2||"The Lord of the Ice Garden" volume 2|
|2008||Short stories||"Wypychacz zwierząt"||"Taxidermist"|
|2009||Novel||"Pan Lodowego ogrodu" tom 3||"The Lord of the Ice Garden" volume 3|
|2012||Novel||"Pan Lodowego ogrodu" tom 4||"The Lord of the Ice Garden" volume 4|
His most famous novel “Pan Lodowego Ogrodu” has been honoured with many prizes.
- Zajdel’s prize for best novel
- Sfinks Literature Prize for best polish novel
- Śląkfa Prize for the creator of the year
- Fahrenheit Prize for best work